SEARCH

Ever lost a friend over politics? Me too.

Sunday, September 13, 2015

I once lost a Bible Study friend to the Iraq War.
It was 2003. The air was thick with political and social tension in the months before the US bombed Baghdad. She was a fiery pro-Bush, pro-war advocate. I was a vehement anti-Bush, anti-war enthusiast. One night before our small group Bible study began, conversation drifted toward politics. Typically our equally strong personalities encouraged the other, but that night they clashed. We were both convinced our way was not only more accurate, but the more faithful response. In the middle of our discussion, my friend picked up her purse, stood up, and said, “I can’t listen to this anymore.” She hurried away from my apartment. I watched her leave, dumbfounded.
Read more over at Venn Magazine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger