SEARCH

Are you sitting down?

Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Because Huffington Post just published my article.

"The truth is, none of us knows who our kids will grow up to be. Mine sing worship tunes, recite prayers and quote Scripture from memory often. They also still use the same slang as their Grandpa and pretend the milk in their mug is coffee, just like mine. Children are hardwired for imitation, and they naturally want to please their parents. My children mean every prayer they utter. They also mean it when they cry in despair because they are too tired to brush their teeth. It's not that their faith isn't real. It is. But it is too immature to be held out for the world to see. "

Click here to read the rest.

I never ask this, but if you follow A Wide Mercy and the article resonates with you, would you mind sharing it in your circles or leaving a comment? The thing is, HuffPost Parents publishes a ton of articles in a day. The ones that pass through our news feeds are only featured after they have already gained traction. So unless we share it first, nobody else will see it. If not, it's okay. We can still be friends. But if you're comfortable sharing it, I would be so grateful.

If you are here for the first time from Huffington Post, welcome! I'm so glad you stopped by. You may be interested in what I think kids really need, or what happened when the police showed up on my doorstep recently. If you connect with what you read, I would love for you to join our email list by contacting me the old fashioned way: shoot an email to awidemercy at gmail dot com, and let me know. You can also follow on Facebook or Twitter (though I'm a novice at Twitter - you've been warned).  So glad you're here.

ACK! Huffington Post!

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! Now everyone can be as inspired as I am by your words and writing! Well deserved.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Danielle! What a sweet compliment.

      Delete

 

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger