SEARCH

what happened with my daughter during the Eucharist

Friday, February 28, 2014


"Spiritual hurt – and healing – runs so deep, I can hardly find words to pin to it.  My soul shriveled and cracked, half-baked and dying, when it was  exposed to  the oppressive heat of harmful theology.  Liturgical worship runs now like water into the driest, deadest parts, bringing tiny sprigs of green life into ideas and emotions I thought would never be revived.  Healing flows in a trickle.  Most of the time, it is imperceptible.  Drop by drop, week by week.  Slowly, gently, naturally.  I don’t have to chase it, seek it, or demand it.  Instead, healing searches for me.  It flows naturally, but it does not flow quickly."
 Today I am over at Carly Gelsinger's blog, sharing what happened with my daughter during the Eucharist last week.  I hold this story very close.  I hope you like it.  You can read the rest here.

If you are here from Carly's blog, welcome!  You may enjoy reading why I gave up on God's will, and how my faith grew stronger as a result.  You may also be interested in how I finally found spiritual peace (and why study never helped).  So glad you stopped by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger